Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Xterra



In this years Xterra I filled in for my dad who was signed up to be the swimmer on a relay team. The last time I did the Xterra the swim was my least favorite part since it was such mayhem once the gun went off. There were so many people massed together that each limb found another person when I kicked or raised my arms to stroke. It was tough to get a rhythm going. The course was changed just enough that there was a little bit more room and it always helps when you can get out ahead of the crowd. I cut two minutes off my swim and finished in 16.30 minutes. With the new baby, moving, and lots of vacations Chris and I didn't feel prepared to do many races this year, but we are already making our lists for next year.

Chris is always my number one supporter and was great to carry around my second number one fan (Emersyn). It was a chilly morning where I could see my breath so we made sure Emi was plenty bundled up.


A lot of people showed up to see Lance Armstrong. It was funny to see how quickly everyone dispersed once Lance had come through the finish line. Rumor is he can't stand to lose and will be back next year.

A fuzzy picture, but the leaves were already changing back in September.

1 comment:

Skidmore Seven said...

Once again you amaze me. That start looks completely crazy.