Thursday, November 20, 2008

Assault on Lewis Peak



So a couple of weeks ago I persuaded Paige into joining Ben and his friend Tim and I for a mtn bike ride up the Southern Skyline trail starting at Pineview Reservoir and going up to Lewis Peak. I had attempted it a couple of yrs ago with Dave Tullis but because of time constraints we had to stop about halfway and turn around. So from what I remembered (you know how certain unpleasant memories tend to fade away)it wasn't too bad, and this is what I told Paige.

It was a long grind up, relentless one might say, but after more than 2 hours we made it to the top. Here are a couple of pictures from the peak. Paige was a rock star; not too many females mtn bike up to the top of Lewis Peak (as far as I know). So cheers to Paige for that accomplishment. We thought maybe it would be the last mtn bike ride of the yr, but as we can all see recent weather proves otherwise. But here's hoping for snow!!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Paige, you are my idol, seriously, you are! I must say that both of you are much more prompt on your blog postings...we are so slow. Just know that if you (Paige) ever want and "excuse" to avoid physical abuse from biking, you can come with me to Yoga!
Megan
(Kind of funny that the security word verification for this comment is "winded")