Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Last Triathlon of the Season.



Chris and I did our final triathon of the year. It was the first triathlon we did together when we were dating two years ago - The Telos Turkey Tri in Orem. The course was a little bit different than the year we had done it before so the run was just a tad longer than last time. It was still a reverse triathlon - Run, Bike, Swim. The day started out a little chilly, but we always warm up during the run...and then cool down again on the bike. I had cooled down enough on the bike that the pool water for the swim was amazingly warm. It felt more like a hot tub and I wanted to sit and relax in the warmth rather than push it on the swim. It's a strange feeling to swim after running and biking so hard that you feel like you're going to pass out or puke.

Chris was a superstar for the whole event and came in sixth in his age group. I got lucky and came in first in mine. It was a nice way to end the tri season. We joke about how Chris hates going up against the other men in his category who are 5'10" and 140lbs and have been runners their whole lives (yes, you Joe Wilson) so they fly on the run and his 6'4" super buff stature has to work a little harder to keep up. I have to say I am really impressed with how well he does in every event. (Not yet posted is a triathlon we did 3 weeks ago in St. George where Chris got second male overall and third finisher overall - what an amazing triathlete). It's not bad timing to have the last triathlon end just in time for the ski resorts to open. We have had a great year and are already making plans for next year. I'm already exhausted thinking about it.

7 comments:

CK Black Family said...

Just hearing about all your tri-athaloning makes me tired. I'm amazed at you guys. Keep it up!

CK Black Family said...

Just hearing about all your tri-athaloning makes me tired. I'm amazed at you guys. Keep it up!

Chelsey said...

Oh you crazy kids! That is so fun that you guys do those things together and both do so well at them. Who knew Paige, you should have done track or something is school, you would have kicked everyone's butts! Oh, I love the new car, it fits you both well. I was glad to see it wasn't a new bike since it seems that you have a few already hanging up in the garage behind the car!

Joe and AnnMarie said...

Joe only wishes he were 5'10". Congrats on your great finishes. How do you like your new car? We are thinking about getting on ourselves....you know all the snow here in Wyoming, the Camry may not make it another winter.

Kimberly said...

Good job you guys, I think I should stop reading your blog- because it's making me too jealous. No, I'm happy you've been able to do so many events this year- it's awesome. I also love the new car Chris. That's how I felt when we got our's last year.

Joe and AnnMarie said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a good day.

Jake said...

You guys are amazing . . . it makes me wish we did more stuff like that together before we had kids! Live it up!