Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmastime in California



It is strange to think that Christmas is so close. The weather in California is rather deceiving to those of us from Utah. The leaves just started changing last week and the weather has finally cooled down to pants weather, though I'm still wearing flip flops most of the time. I feel more like I should be preparing for Halloween than gearing up for the Holidays. To help us get into the right mood Chris and I went with the youth in our ward to tour a christmas light-lit street in the foothills just above our apartment. It was very impressive to see so many houses decked out from top to bottom.





In years past Chris and I have barely gotten lights up, and when we have they are usually only half working, or we don't even turn them on. I think we are really going to have to step it up in the years to come. This year we exempted ourselves from any decorations due to us being in Utah for the Holidays.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! Those are some serious lights! Looks like fun! It will be great to see you over the Christmas! Safe Travels!

hoLLY said...

sweet!! I love it!

Nicole Garner McConkie said...

I am scared this is what my house will look like next year. Matt vows he will put up Christmas lights. Matt only knows how to go big. I think if he had a tattoo it would say GO BIG OR GO HOME! I think I will take no Christmas lights over a show like this.