Sunday, May 25, 2008

I had a birthday and now I'm 75 years old.


I don't have any pictures for this post, but it was funny enough I wanted to write about it anyway. Chris signed us up for the Sunrise Duathlon which we did this past weekend on the 24th of May. We had to run a 5k, bike 21 miles, and then run another 5k. The wind was so strong the bike leg was quite a challenge. During the event I could see that I was toward the front of the pack of girls so we waited for the awards ceremony to see if I had won anything. As they were announcing the categories they wanted to give a special award to the only female to finish the international length in the age 75 and above category. They announced from Mountain Green, Utah, Paige Bell! I was too embarrassed to get up and claim my award. I know I had a birthday the day before, but I didn't know I had become a 75 year old. Chris had mistakenly signed me up for the wrong category. We had a good laugh about it for a while. Chris did great with one of the most competitive categories and finishing 5th and I would have finished first in my 'real' category if I were signed up correctly. In all we had a fun and challenging time.

5 comments:

West said...

Congratulations grandma! You guys are animals. Happy birthday as well.

Tara Chase said...

That is so funny. You guys are crazy. Happy Birthday ya old fart.

Kimberly said...

I'm still laughing about your event. I wish I could have been there. Have fun on your trip with the Chris and the fam.

Chelsey said...

Paige that is so funny, you make 75 look so good. I hope Chris gave you an award that you deserved for actually winning. You guys look so happy, love and miss ya!

The Brown's said...

Ok, that is funny!