Monday, September 29, 2008

Fall Mountain Biking

Today Chris and I started early and mountain biked to Needles Lodge at the top of Snowbasin Ski Resort. Chris had done it a couple of times before, but it was my first time going all the way to the top. It was a fun ride with a few challenging spots. I only fell over once, which is pretty good, I think - though I had to get off my bike and walk it every now and then. The best part of the ride was the beautiful leaves that are in the middle of changing colors.






A look out point a little before we reached the top. There is a great view of Mountain Green where we can see our house.


We finally reached the top. I was exhausted. Chris and I are both getting over colds so that added to the difficulty. We took a moment and sat on one of the chair lifts just to get us prepped for winter.


Chris speeding down one of the access roads. We took the roads down instead of the trails so we could save time. I think it was scarier going down the roads than any part of going up. I'm such a chicken when it comes to the downhill.

4 comments:

CK Black Family said...

I love fall! You guys are so good to be adventurous. If you ever get down to the Moab area, we're not too far from there. Thanks for hooking up on our blog, we'll keep in touch! love, the blacks

Joe and AnnMarie said...

What a beautiful ride. And such a great way to spend the day.

myndie said...

it was good catching up with chris on the phone today...remember what i said about ob not being that bad--i have been up all night waiting for a nulliparous patient to go complete--going to start pushing now.

but it has given me a great chance to find your blog and read it--the entire thing. what a great, lazy summer.

myndie said...

pushed for over 2 hours. then another 40 for the placenta, plus a retained fragment of the placenta, that luckily popped out when she coughed--somewhat of a surprise, and to top it off a 3rd degree perineal lac. not my fault of course. no bed--finished at 0630. wicked awesome. you sure you don't miss ob?