Thursday, September 25, 2008

Jackson Hole

After our big ride into Jackson we decided to enjoy the town for a day or two. As tired as we were we were still able to see some of the beauty of Jackson. The day after the ride my parents, sisters and Chris and I went to Jenny Lake and rode the ferry across. We hiked to a beautiful waterfall and then up to a level area called Inspiration Point. Though the hikes were short my legs moved rather slowly. My family went home that day and Chris and I explored downtown a little more. The next day we did a short recovery ride (really short and really slow) to make sure the legs would still move. We rode the Jackson Hole Ski Resort gondola up to the top and enjoyed the view. Lunch at the top tasted even better being at such a cool place. The drive home was interesting seeing the whole lotoja in reverse.








This is a moose we say while driving back from Jenny Lake. It's baby is not far off though you can't see it in this picture. This is the closest I have ever gotten to a moose and I don't think I would want to get much closer. Moose are big and scary.


Chris and I at the top of Jackson Hole Ski Resort. Hopefully we'll go back sometime when the snow has fallen.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Oh how I love Jackson Hole. We need to go up again with you guys. Ben's fam has a condo at Teton Village, so anytime you want to go, we are game! Nice work on the blog Paige.
Meg (the one who CANT eat anything she wants, man I wish)

The Brown's said...

Seeing that pic of the moose reminded me of 4 wheeling with you. I was talking (of course) and you all of a sudden screamed. I slammed on the brakes and saw a big moose in front of us. We turned around quickly and went back. I'm not sure if I was more scared because of your scream or the moose :)