Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ogden Valley Triathlon

May dad, Jan, Chris and I joined together to make two triathlon relay teams and compete in the Ogden Valley Triathlon. On one team, Team Chanco, I swam and Chris biked and ran. On our second team, Big Daddy Hunt Club, my dad swam, Jan biked, and I ran. Yea, I'm a two-timer. This years triathlon was the first equalizer triathlon in Utah. Based on previous triathlon times, handicaps were given to women and certain relay teams to make it so men and women were competing against each other. The equalizer idea is great, but not my favorite way of doing things. After it all, Chris and I managed to squeeze in a 5th place finish - which is a podium finish since they awarded 1st through 5th places.


I'm the one in the background trying to breathe without drinking in the lake. The swim was pretty good, though it seemed to last for such a long time. There were boaters on the lake so that made it a little difficult when the boat wakes made waves and I tried to breathe in at the same time.


Chris did a fantastic job on the bike making up a lot of ground. He powered through the bike and then somehow found plenty of energy to do a stellar run.


My dad had been practicing all summer for the swim when it was cancelled at the Spudman. We were more than excited when he completed the Ogden Valley swim which was longer than what he had been training for.


Jan coming in on the bike. She usually gets stuck with the run, which she doesn't really like anyway, but has become quite fond of the bike. She also did terrific and had more fun doing it than suffering through a run.


All the triathletes together. It always makes for a great day when you can get out and 'tri' hard.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Good job as always. I looked at your wedding photos and they are so good. You guys are like models.

Joe and AnnMarie said...

Wow, you two are awesome. It's always fun to see what your going to do next.